I have always loved beauty! In fact, one of my absolute favorite memories I have to this day involve my very first “big girl” makeup!
I have seriously loved makeup when I was most definitely not allowed to wear it, buy it, own it, look at it, or touch it. For me, there was something about watching my mom, aunts, and grandmother’s put makeup on before church, or just a night out with their s/o’s. In my eyes they transformed from beautiful, extremely smart women, into a bit of, dare I say, Audrey Hepburn and Jacqueline Kennedy.
I am going to be sharing all of my favorite skincare products, a.k.a. only the products I actually use (haha) in stories this week on IG! P.S I will also share my favorite makeup look right now!
We’re going to call it tips & tricks Tuesday and special winners will be chosen every. single. Tuesday. Like, whaaaaaat? I know it’s like unheard of but I just love giving back to you lovies and since we are talking about makeup and skincare, comment down below or DM me on IG what you think the first prize is!
With that being said, I also know a lot of you like to read rather than watch IG stories which I am so down with so I thought it would be fun to let you bookmark this in your phone so you have a forever reference guide! Ready? Set? 5 Beauty Hacks for Every Girl, go!
“How to tame flyaways?” After having both of my babies, I had no idea that flyaways were apart of postpartum. If you are a new mama to be don’t freak out! Even if you flyaways are not postpartum related, I still have you covered, sis! It’s so simple. Use a clear brow gel (my preference), or clear mascara and apply it to the strands of hair you are trying to tame. Linked here and also down below.
“How do I get these lines off my nose from my sunglasses?” Okay, this is the holy grail of beauty hacks! Dampen any beauty blender you have. If you don’t have any, definitely go for the cheap ones on Amazon. I will link them here or down below. Using the damp beauty blender, apply translucent powder to where your glasses will be sitting on your nose.
“Eaaaasy Eyeshadow!” This legit takes 30 seconds lovies! Use bronzer over your lid as eyeshadow. This one is my favorite!
“I want more full and longer lashes?” Now I know a lot of women swear by this and then others absolutely hate it. There doesn’t seem to be much middle ground, except for my lashes. The ONLY thing that actually makes my eyelids look like I have long, healthy lashes is from using this mascara primer!
“How do I get the appearance of fuller, bigger lips?” Sis, you will HAVE to turn into IG stories this Tuesday to find out 🙂 Wednesday morning at 8am EST I will post it here along with the other tips and tricks. 😉
“How do you get that supermodel blush look?” Here is a tip I learned years ago back when I had a modeling coach and I will NEVER forget it! Apply your blush to your cheeks, on the apples of course. Then take the excess onto the bridge of your nose. This mimics the look of a natural suntan with a glowy, youthful look.
One thing I absolutely love about this time of year, decluttering and organizing! There is just something incredibly energizing to me about the smell of spring flowers in the air, that gets my body ready for more organization, less clutter, and getting rid of the old or out dated décor and in with the new!
If you don’t know where to start, I totally have you covered, sis! I am always on the look out for affordable, high quality, investment pieces that are chic, trendy, and durable! If that is your kind of jam, let’s start this year off right!
Makeup and bathroom organization!
Laundry and Storage Organization
Desk and Home Office Organization
Click on the photo above to go directly to the LIKEtoKNOW.it site! They really make shopping so easy and effortless!
Try it once and I promise you’ll be hooked!
Or click here for direct access to the LIKEtoKNOW.it website.
Day to day life is difficult in many ways for everyone. Even though someone else’s struggles are different from yours doesn’t mean it doesn’t impact and influence their mood.
The same is true about you. Some of you think that what you are going through isn’t “bad” enough, or as “bad” as someone you know. The truth is, you are the only one experiencing your circumstances, your struggles, your day to day disappointments.
That being said, you can survive and even thrive during this experience!
A lot of us are overwhelmed trying to be the best mom, wife, friend, co worker, and the list goes on and on.
I want to share with you what I have learned along the way, for instance, understanding that I am a work in progress, has lifted tremendous amount of pressure and stress off of me.
- Make To Do Lists
- I make lists every night before I lay in bed for the next morning.
- I have lists for blog posts only. Work to do lists. Lists for things I need to accomplish that day at home.
- Make sure you check of cross things off the list as you go.
- Say No More
- Do you crave ultimate freedom?!
- The feeling of regret isn’t something anyone wants or live with. By saying no, you are automatically saying yes to yourself.
- Keep Your Area Clean and Neat.
- This is something I have a hard time with naturally, therefore I understand this is not the easiest task to complete during a pandemic or not. However, I am all too familiar with the anxiety clutter produces. Which equates to low productivity and morale. I love the way my mind and body feel when my work area especially, is tidy and organized.
- Get Up Early
- I am not a morning person. I could sleep in every day of my life if it was beneficial in anyway shape or form.
- Use your time wisely. There are only 24 hours in a day. How are you prioritizing yours?
- Make a Plan
- As a wife and mother this has been the most helpful for me to utilize!
- Every Sunday I plan when I will do laundry, what meals I will cook, and what blog posts I need to write and brainstorm. All while working a full time job from home.
- Get a weekly and monthly planner, different colored pens and highlighters to organize and differentiate home, work and fun.
Hey lovies! I know it’s been way too long! But I am feeling refreshed and ready to share some of my favorite gift guides with you!
These are some of my & my family’s favorite gifts ever! Happy shopping!!
Happy November besties!!
I have created the ultimate holiday gift guide for him (any and all in your life), whether it be your boyfriend, dad, brother or cousin, I’ve got you covered!
I have been someone who is very sensitive to other people’s feelings and emotions. When I was in middle school I felt like the weight of everyone’s problems sat on my shoulders! My husband on the other hand is the complete opposite, which frustrated me.
Boy, I could not have asked God for better timing than the crisp, fresh autumn season to bring me something I never knew I needed! Simply Earth’s Essential Oils!
Let me say, I am no expert at essential oils, however, I do know that I did not want an artificial smell, nothing extra added in, and no toxins!
The promise Simply Earth makes to each one of us is, 1. every single batch of oil is ethically sourced! 2. Each individual batch is tested METICULOUSLY to ensure the oils do not have any fragrances, toxins, etc.
It is 100% pure oil! And the best part is the Simply Earth monthly recipe box! High quality essential oils, recipe cards to make with your kids, grandkids, neices, or nephews! Or just by yourself, believe me, you will want this all for you!
Caidan and I LOVE making the fall recipes! If you ask him what his favorite is, he will not hesitate to tell you, “it’s fall y’all!”
If you subscribe to the monthly box you will never pay shipping! You can cancel at anytime. Absolute 0 commitment. And in the most stressful, chaotic time in our lives, you are showing self care AND self love!
How does it work? Each box has over $100 of products inside! DO NOT FORGET, you also get a FREE Big Bonus Box when you subscribe today.
Every box has EXACTLY what you need! You can make 6 all natural recipes in one month delivered directly to your door! Each and every recipe is tested by certified Aromatherapists first, which is absolutely incredible!
Simply Earth has been so kind and amazing to offer each of you a free $40 gift card with your first box and bonus box! The code FASHIONSUNSHINEFAMILYFREE is your $40 gift card code when you sign up for the monthly subscription.
Simply Earth is seriously the bomb because incase you want to try the products but you have not yet subscribed, use this link to get 20% off of your first purchase, then 10% off of every purchase after that. But I HIGHLY, recommend subscribing, you save money and get so many goodies! https://simplyearth.com/?rfsn=4674275.3446ff
After 28 years of life’s experiences under my belt, and most of the experiences some individuals never even experience within an entire lifetime!
With that in mind, I thought it would be fun and helpful to put together a list of 28 things I’ve learned in 28 years. I hope, no matter what stage of life you find yourself, my words will bring you some positivity and love.
- God is real.
- Listen more than you speak. For most people, they care more about being right or winning an argument. Don’t be this person.
- Think for yourself. Educate yourself, and then make an informed decision or stance on the subject.
- Fears need to be overcome. You are so strong, in fact, you have no idea how strong you actually are. But through overcoming fears and difficulties, you will truly see yourself.
- Being nice is attractive and really cool. Honestly! Being mean is just straight up not cute. It also doesn’t make you look, appear, or seem cool, at all. In fact it makes you appear that you have a low emotional intelligence.
- Grief sucks. It sucks a lot. And there is no two people who grieve the same. If you find yourself in a season of loss, know that however you are dealing with it, as long as you are not causing harm, is absolutely perfect. You are doing great!
- Some battles aren’t worth fighting. Pick and choose your battles wisely.
- Seek wisdom, not just knowledge. There is a huge difference between knowing academia and obtaining wisdom. Knowledge will help you succeed in your career field, wisdom will help guide you throughout your life.
- Share the wisdom you’ve learned with your children. The greatest wisdom I have ever obtained without first hand experience is from my Grandmother Anne. These memories I cherish and am so grateful for!
- Love your body. This is the only body you are ever going to have. No matter how much I wish I was 5’10 and not barely 5’3 it it just simply never going to happen. Accept your curves, or lack thereof. Love all of you, so others can love you too.
- Makeup can change your mood. I can be in the worst mood ever, throw some makeup on and I feel like an entirely new woman!
- Set goals. Then set micro goals to achieve your big ones. The only way to accomplish a huge dream of yours, is by making bite size goals of how to best get there.
- Rules are meant to be broken. I am not endorsing breaking the law AT ALL, but there are some rules in life, i.e. don’t eat dessert before dinner, don’t stay up late, etc., that are not going to harm anyone or yourself. So girlfriend, go do it!
- Be healthy, don’t obsess over it. I have seen many of my friends become all consumed by diets and workouts. I have learned that diet and exercise in order to FEEL your best, and BE your best.
- Be confident. And don’t apologize for it!
- Positivity is key.
- Let the haters be your motivation. If someone says you can’t do this or that, use that fire inside of you as fuel to accomplish whatever you set out to do.
- Gossip is lame. I never gained a single thing by talking about others. Not one thing.
- You don’t have to be in your later years of life to experience regrets. There is quite a bit of things I didn’t do because of whatever reason, embarrassment, pride, listening to the haters say I couldn’t do x, y, or z.
- The earlier you realize you cannot please everyone the better.
- Most people will give you unsolicited advice. Be kind, and keep on keeping on!
- People make time for the people they choose to make time for. It’s unfortunate, but it’s true.
- Setting boundaries is a necessity. There comes an age where you get to decide how much others know about you, even your parents. You decide the boundaries in which you let them in, or keep them out.
- Support other women. Be apart of supporting other women, not talking bad about them whether in person OR on social media.
- Learn to say no.
- Keep an open minded.
- Look inside yourself often. Figure out why you believe what you do, question yourself. That’s the only way to achieve real change within yourself.
- Love with your whole heart. You have no idea how much time you or someone you love has here on Earth. Heaven is real and at any moment you could find that someone you love has left this temporary, fallen world for the eternal, beautiful one.
THUS FAR, ANYWAY!
- Whatever you fear happening in your life the MOST, might actually happen to you. And after some time passes, you realize you are stronger, you know what really matters in life!
2. Give grace to yourself and others. Everyone is doing their best even if, from where you are, it doesn’t look that way. Things are not always what they appear. Be light!
3. To remember who is in complete control (aka God), and to practice gratitude. It can always be worse!
4. Focus on what is around you. What are you in charge of? Who is relying on you to maintain that inner strength? The fighter? The warrior? I can make a difference in my home, to my children, allow yourself to reflect and even sit in your feelings. Sometimes you can’t deal with a situation properly and efficiently if you don’t really know what the situation is.
5. Lastly, turn the news and the TV in general off, whenever you need to. You may feel guilty or worse yet, anxious because you don’t know 24/7 what is changing, etc. Unplug. Take a walk or go for a run and get yourself out of your fears.