I have always loved beauty! In fact, one of my absolute favorite memories I have to this day involve my very first “big girl” makeup!
I have seriously loved makeup when I was most definitely not allowed to wear it, buy it, own it, look at it, or touch it. For me, there was something about watching my mom, aunts, and grandmother’s put makeup on before church, or just a night out with their s/o’s. In my eyes they transformed from beautiful, extremely smart women, into a bit of, dare I say, Audrey Hepburn and Jacqueline Kennedy.
I am going to be sharing all of my favorite skincare products, a.k.a. only the products I actually use (haha) in stories this week on IG! P.S I will also share my favorite makeup look right now!
We’re going to call it tips & tricks Tuesday and special winners will be chosen every. single. Tuesday. Like, whaaaaaat? I know it’s like unheard of but I just love giving back to you lovies and since we are talking about makeup and skincare, comment down below or DM me on IG what you think the first prize is!
With that being said, I also know a lot of you like to read rather than watch IG stories which I am so down with so I thought it would be fun to let you bookmark this in your phone so you have a forever reference guide! Ready? Set? 5 Beauty Hacks for Every Girl, go!
“How to tame flyaways?” After having both of my babies, I had no idea that flyaways were apart of postpartum. If you are a new mama to be don’t freak out! Even if you flyaways are not postpartum related, I still have you covered, sis! It’s so simple. Use a clear brow gel (my preference), or clear mascara and apply it to the strands of hair you are trying to tame. Linked here and also down below.
“How do I get these lines off my nose from my sunglasses?” Okay, this is the holy grail of beauty hacks! Dampen any beauty blender you have. If you don’t have any, definitely go for the cheap ones on Amazon. I will link them here or down below. Using the damp beauty blender, apply translucent powder to where your glasses will be sitting on your nose.
“Eaaaasy Eyeshadow!” This legit takes 30 seconds lovies! Use bronzer over your lid as eyeshadow. This one is my favorite!
“I want more full and longer lashes?” Now I know a lot of women swear by this and then others absolutely hate it. There doesn’t seem to be much middle ground, except for my lashes. The ONLY thing that actually makes my eyelids look like I have long, healthy lashes is from using this mascara primer!
“How do I get the appearance of fuller, bigger lips?” Sis, you will HAVE to turn into IG stories this Tuesday to find out 🙂 Wednesday morning at 8am EST I will post it here along with the other tips and tricks. 😉
“How do you get that supermodel blush look?” Here is a tip I learned years ago back when I had a modeling coach and I will NEVER forget it! Apply your blush to your cheeks, on the apples of course. Then take the excess onto the bridge of your nose. This mimics the look of a natural suntan with a glowy, youthful look.
Click on the photo above to go directly to the LIKEtoKNOW.it site! They really make shopping so easy and effortless!
Try it once and I promise you’ll be hooked!
Or click here for direct access to the LIKEtoKNOW.it website.
After 28 years of life’s experiences under my belt, and most of the experiences some individuals never even experience within an entire lifetime!
With that in mind, I thought it would be fun and helpful to put together a list of 28 things I’ve learned in 28 years. I hope, no matter what stage of life you find yourself, my words will bring you some positivity and love.
- God is real.
- Listen more than you speak. For most people, they care more about being right or winning an argument. Don’t be this person.
- Think for yourself. Educate yourself, and then make an informed decision or stance on the subject.
- Fears need to be overcome. You are so strong, in fact, you have no idea how strong you actually are. But through overcoming fears and difficulties, you will truly see yourself.
- Being nice is attractive and really cool. Honestly! Being mean is just straight up not cute. It also doesn’t make you look, appear, or seem cool, at all. In fact it makes you appear that you have a low emotional intelligence.
- Grief sucks. It sucks a lot. And there is no two people who grieve the same. If you find yourself in a season of loss, know that however you are dealing with it, as long as you are not causing harm, is absolutely perfect. You are doing great!
- Some battles aren’t worth fighting. Pick and choose your battles wisely.
- Seek wisdom, not just knowledge. There is a huge difference between knowing academia and obtaining wisdom. Knowledge will help you succeed in your career field, wisdom will help guide you throughout your life.
- Share the wisdom you’ve learned with your children. The greatest wisdom I have ever obtained without first hand experience is from my Grandmother Anne. These memories I cherish and am so grateful for!
- Love your body. This is the only body you are ever going to have. No matter how much I wish I was 5’10 and not barely 5’3 it it just simply never going to happen. Accept your curves, or lack thereof. Love all of you, so others can love you too.
- Makeup can change your mood. I can be in the worst mood ever, throw some makeup on and I feel like an entirely new woman!
- Set goals. Then set micro goals to achieve your big ones. The only way to accomplish a huge dream of yours, is by making bite size goals of how to best get there.
- Rules are meant to be broken. I am not endorsing breaking the law AT ALL, but there are some rules in life, i.e. don’t eat dessert before dinner, don’t stay up late, etc., that are not going to harm anyone or yourself. So girlfriend, go do it!
- Be healthy, don’t obsess over it. I have seen many of my friends become all consumed by diets and workouts. I have learned that diet and exercise in order to FEEL your best, and BE your best.
- Be confident. And don’t apologize for it!
- Positivity is key.
- Let the haters be your motivation. If someone says you can’t do this or that, use that fire inside of you as fuel to accomplish whatever you set out to do.
- Gossip is lame. I never gained a single thing by talking about others. Not one thing.
- You don’t have to be in your later years of life to experience regrets. There is quite a bit of things I didn’t do because of whatever reason, embarrassment, pride, listening to the haters say I couldn’t do x, y, or z.
- The earlier you realize you cannot please everyone the better.
- Most people will give you unsolicited advice. Be kind, and keep on keeping on!
- People make time for the people they choose to make time for. It’s unfortunate, but it’s true.
- Setting boundaries is a necessity. There comes an age where you get to decide how much others know about you, even your parents. You decide the boundaries in which you let them in, or keep them out.
- Support other women. Be apart of supporting other women, not talking bad about them whether in person OR on social media.
- Learn to say no.
- Keep an open minded.
- Look inside yourself often. Figure out why you believe what you do, question yourself. That’s the only way to achieve real change within yourself.
- Love with your whole heart. You have no idea how much time you or someone you love has here on Earth. Heaven is real and at any moment you could find that someone you love has left this temporary, fallen world for the eternal, beautiful one.
THUS FAR, ANYWAY!
- Whatever you fear happening in your life the MOST, might actually happen to you. And after some time passes, you realize you are stronger, you know what really matters in life!
2. Give grace to yourself and others. Everyone is doing their best even if, from where you are, it doesn’t look that way. Things are not always what they appear. Be light!
3. To remember who is in complete control (aka God), and to practice gratitude. It can always be worse!
4. Focus on what is around you. What are you in charge of? Who is relying on you to maintain that inner strength? The fighter? The warrior? I can make a difference in my home, to my children, allow yourself to reflect and even sit in your feelings. Sometimes you can’t deal with a situation properly and efficiently if you don’t really know what the situation is.
5. Lastly, turn the news and the TV in general off, whenever you need to. You may feel guilty or worse yet, anxious because you don’t know 24/7 what is changing, etc. Unplug. Take a walk or go for a run and get yourself out of your fears.
When the baby blues attack
2020 certainly is a year that we will not soon forget, especially considering we are only in August. Have you been feeling stuck? Or perhaps, you can’t figure out what the right choice is for your family and going back to school. Are you feeling like a failure no matter how hard you try to do your best? I am going to take you on a quick journey to remind you to trust in the One who knows!
The day everything stopped
January 9th, 2020 was a morning just like any other. It was spent taking care of my 10 week old daughter and homeschooling my 6 year old son. And then, my world stopped spinning and my heart shattered into molecular sized fragments of what once was and what might have been. My daughter went to be with Jesus, and believe me, this was not anticipated or expected. She was about to get her immunizations in just 2 short weeks. Saying goodbye to your sweet child is not something any parent should ever have to go through, yet somehow here I am.
& so began 2020
As soon as my son, husband and I started to really feel the permanence of our daughters’ passing, I will never forget hearing the words “the Wuhan Virus.” Now we all know it as COVID-19 or the Corona-virus. States were put on lock down, restaurants and department store were closing with no re-opening in sight.
If I may, there is nothing quite like having your sweet baby meet Jesus before you, and then come face to face with a pandemic. Simultaneously navigating both for the very first time.
Signs & Butterflies
From the moment our precious Aubree girl left this temporary world and entered into the presence of Jesus, one question is asked by everyone I speak to and that question is, “were you angry with God? And if you say no, I won’t believe you!”
The answer is very simple: On January 9th, I prayed and promised God that I would not give any thought of that nature a second of my time. I made a promise to God and to myself that when I was at my lowest, I would not allow my thoughts to turn negative regarding my Savior. That was the best decision I ever could have made! I prayed for a sign that Aubree girl was with God in Heaven, and each time I asked in prayer, a yellow butterfly comes to visit me.
one minute at a time, one day at a time
If you want to help someone who has lost a child, or perhaps you are the one who is broken hearted and have stumbled here for hope, for something, for anything. Sis, you are loved. You have angels surrounding you. Even more incredible, the bible tells us “the Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18 From first hand experience I can say honestly, God is mourning with you. He hurts because He knows your hurt, whatever that might be.
If there is anyone I could ever trust my child with, my first choice is always Jesus! Perhaps it didn’t happen the way I had planned which was many many years after I was a grandmother, in a nursing home, AND made it to Heaven before either one of my children. This path is the lonely one. This journey feels like a valley that there is no hill near. The battle must be fought every single day.
Let me be clear, this is a battle. This is a war. But I know how this battle ends. I win, because Jesus won the fight once and for all on the cross!
So while my faith gets stronger, daily devotional writing, bible reading, sermon note taking, those are some of my weapons I use to fight this battle. Pastor Steven Furtick said it best, “The only way God can show us He’s in control is to put us in situations we CAN’T control.”
Welcome to Fashion, Sunshine & Family Blog
Fashion, Sunshine & Family blog that bridges the gap between trendy and celebrity fashion with a mom of young kids practicality. Get fashion advice, beauty tips and tricks even for skin care and makeup!
I am SO excited that you are here! My passion is for you to feel inspired, creative. Pick up a trick or two along the way. Follow my blog! XOXO, Caisey